Sunday, June 10, 2012

Giving Up


One of America’s dearest values is “Never give up.”

But I have decided that in order to simplify my life, remain sane and maintain my physical and mental health, I must give up some of the things I took on last year.

Last year, I was unemployed. I maintained this blog and a volunteer position. Now, I’m working again, plus I’ve returned to school. Add in all the things that life in general requires, and I’m pretty busy. I have to give up something. So I asked myself--what do I absolutely have to do? And with the time left over, what do I want to do?

Can I give up cleaning, mowing the lawn, grocery shopping? Do I want to give up spending time with friends and family (in person!), reading, or going to a movie every now and then? This blog did not make it onto either list. So, away it goes. (My volunteer position had to go, too.)

I may return here from time to time, or begin regular postings again in the future, or reinvent this blog altogether some other year. But for now, I’m giving up.

Thanks for reading and posting comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, folks, you know what's up. Please don't leave obscene, grossly off-topic or hate-inciting comments. I'm sure you'll be civil and play nice!